Monday, January 18, 2010

Whats been going on!

Alright so there is a lot of information to fill everybody in on so I can't promise I will remember everything.

First off we still don't have internet but we finally met our roommate (which is quite a story) so we can now plan on getting it in our flat.
Let's see.....First off, yesterday a girl walked into our flat and told my roommate Istvan and I that we were accidentally moved into the wrong flat and our other flatmate that we had been waiting for had been there for a week staying by himself in his flat. She said his name was Daniel...I thought to myself, "surely it can't be Brit Dan that we've been hanging out with the last couple days." Turns out the guy we had been waiting for we were already friends with him.

So we began moving out across the courtyard and into the other flat building....Bad news is we lost our courtyard view where all the college flats are, Awesome news is that our apartment living room is twice the size of most and it is huge! So we took a couple hours packed all of our stuff up and I will be unpacking today once I'm done with this blog.

I went to my first Hillsong service on Sunday night and it was great! The worship was very passionate and moving, also the church is very very missions focused on their community and all over the world. They also had a huge ministry for people 35 and younger which was really cool to see the age group 25-30 have their own "youth" group.

I've gone to the beach 4 times already! the great thing is that I can ride there in about 15 minutes which nothing. The beach was great...the sun here is different...after the first day we only went for about an hour and a half and I got a tan immediately. The beach in awesome...so many people to meet and also you can see down to your feet more than a hundred feet out in sky blue water.

My new favorite meal here is a fruit salad they make with yogurt and granola....it is sooooo good. Also, I decided to get back into really good shape and this is the best place for it...I have two parks, a workout center, a pool (with a hot tub), and there is always sports to be played. I actually played futbol with some guys yesterday and it was awesome.. They were from Germany, Chile, Brazil, Holland, Sweden, Russia, and England. I had so much fun and i actually represented the states farely well.....They told me they were impressed with my defensive skills (thats all I played since I don't have any sort of ball skills. So it was awesome to meet some new guys and play some sport.

boyoyoy sorry I know this is a biggy.....so funny story real quick.....So I'm walking back to my new flat and I had only been there once before....it's about 7:30 p.m. and I walk in my door and theres two girl laughing in our kitchen....I was so confused so I just said, "who are you guys?" Turns out they just met my roommate Dan and they told him the would meet him in our flat...he was already there and didn't know they had come in....They were really really cool and quite attractive :) but they asked us if they could make us pizza at their flat and obviously we said of course....We went over there met all their flatmates and made some really good friends....we built one girls bed for her which was fun and just hung out for quite a while.....we come to find that one of them is having a birthday today....we decided why not have a big party in our huge living room....so tonight we are having a dance party at our place which will so much fun.....

I will be getting some pics up in a little while once we have our internet + some movies of sydney harbor, the beach, and our party tonight.

Sorry for the crazy long blog...there is so much more to tell but I can't think at all....Love you and can't wait to see you.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Don't get too crazy & scare people away at the bd party tonight:) Anxious to see your 'flat' and pics. of Sydney, your roomates and of YOU!!!
    We miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's great to hear about your new life. Keep us up to date! -Neil

    ReplyDelete