Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sitting with Istavan at Creme cafe getting in touch with the western world.

So I'm sitting here at 1:30 with my roommate Istavan (who's a pretty cool cat) at the Creme Cafe where we get free wireless.

I went on a bike ride at about 6:30 today and went to Bondi beach and also to all the huge stadiums (which are less than a mile away from me). I ended up being completely lost since I didn't bring a map, address, or any sort of directions of any kind. I figured that as long as I go east I would find the ocean.

Good news is my theory worked, bad news is I forgot that I also had to get back. Luckily I remember the most random things. As I was riding I kept thinking, "There has to be something I will recognize..." Well turns out there was this sidewalk where a lot of trash cans had been pushed over that I passed when I was heading to Bondi.

Somehow I came somewhat back the same direction and found that sidewalk and then remembered how to get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment